Leaves change colours, days get shorter – it’s time to write my autumn bucket list. As temperatures fall, I remind myself to take even more care of my physical and mental health. I also want to take care of some of the things that are left from my summer bucket list 😁.
This is what I want to do in autumn:
- Go hiking in the beautiful autumn landscape
- Joke around with my son and have good talks
- Sleep a lot
- Go for slow runs
- Increase my time outdoors
- Do my tax declaration
- Eat regularly (yummy food)
Clean my kitchen table Progress with my health literacy design project on psychosis
- Progress on the T-Shirt design of one of my supporters
- Clean my desk
- Install the golden toilet seat
- Write an email to the disability officers of the other Institutes
- Invite colleagues for my new visual accessibility design sessions
Declutter my home for 1 hour
- Go to a nice concert
- Reduce screen time to 5 hrs/day
- Meet friends regularly and have good talks
- Cook with a friend
- Fly a kite with my son
I love every season of the year. I feel privileged to live in a region that has four different seasons (I already look forward to the snow in winter ❄️❤️).
Very season is different. From my mother – a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner – I have learned to adapt my body and activities to the seasons in order to stay healthy. She use to say: “In winter, you should rest. Save your energy. This way, you avoid being exhausted (and, hence, sick) when spring comes.”
What’s your bucket list for autumn?